Delivery FAQs and T's + C's
What is the cost for delivery Auckland Wide?
We utilise a third party courier service to deliver your cakes as they are very delicate. There are two main delivery slots from Monday - Sunday available; Peak Delivery (9am-11am) and Off Peak Delivery (1pm-4pm).
Delivery fees will vary depending on your postal code. These are calculated once you've reached the checkout stage of your order. If you cannot proceed with delivery, please check your postcode is correct.
Once your order has been dispatched for delivery we will send you a notification.
**PLEASE NOTE, YOU WILL BE CHARGED A RE-DELIVERY FEE IF THE COURIER CANNOT GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR PROPERTY AND HAS FAILED TO REACH YOU ON THE CONTACT NUMBER PROVIDED.
What is the cost for delivery Nationwide?
Cake Jars & Brownies are sent NATIONWIDE for a flat rate of $15.50.
We use courier post to ship your Jars. Delivery is out of our control and IS NOT 100% GUARANTEED on your selected delivery date.
**WE ARE UNABLE TO ISSUE A REFUND IF YOUR JARS ARE DELIVERED TOO LATE FOR CONSUMPTION DUE TO A COURIER DELAY (over 4 days from the date they were sent).
How should I select my delivery date for the cake jars?
Please check our calendar at the checkout to see the earliest delivery date. Order's can be made up to 3 months ahead.
How do I redeem my cake coins?
You need to create an account with us - after doing this - you just login & you will see an icon on the right side of the page, it says TREATS. Click on this & you can redeem your cake coins on any new orders.
Ordering, Delivery and Refund policies on all made to order cake products.
- If your order is bespoke, in order to schedule your order on your event date a non-refundable deposit is required. Without the deposit, we will not hold your date.
- All final payments for bespoke orders are due 2 weeks prior to your event date. If payments are not made by the due date the order may be cancelled.
- If you have ordered a product online and selected the wrong date, we are unable to issue you a refund.
- Any order placed outside or in direct sunlight during an event has the possibility of melting or deforming due to the heat. We are not liable for a product once it has been delivered or picked up from the premise.
- We are not liable or responsible for a cake or product once it has left the bakery. You should prepare your vehicle so it is clean and free of items that could roll or slide into your order. We do everything in our power to provide a well-structured cake, but please note that cakes are very fragile - drive carefully and slowly.
It is important to note; We must order ingredients and other perishables or create parts of your product in advance, in addition to labour that has already been expended in the preparation of any order and fees paid to our online platform including payment software fees and website fees. Our booking calendar fills up quickly and is on a first-come, first served basis based on deposit/invoice payment NOT receipt of invoice.
Therefore, if you cancel, your order has taken up production time that could have otherwise been given to another customer, so we lose both orders. Due to the nature of our business, refunds are not provided for any reason including in cases of force majeure (i.e a pandemic). We can however postpone your cake or products to a later date or offer store credit valid for 12months.
CHANGE OF MINDIn the case of a refund being requested due to a change of mind, we have the following options;
- Store credit to the same value, valid for 12 months. This does not have to be used in full in one transaction.
- A refund minus expenses; Placing an order through our platform charges us a fee for use of the platform, the administration costs and the software that processes your credit card. There is also administration cost to reverse the payment in addition. This equates to approximately 10% of your order. Because we are such a small business with small margins, the expense of covering this for you is too high and these costs will need to be deducted from the refund.
PRODUCT QUALITY ISSUES:
We pride ourselves on the attention and care our team puts into every order. We do our absolute best to meet our customers’ expectations, however because our products are made by hand, there must be an allowance for ‘artistic tolerance’.
We want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase from Sweet Talk, but know that sometimes, things can go wrong. If that happens, our response will depend on how quickly you are able to inform us:
- Prior to serving/consumption -
- Where possible, we will rectify the issue prior to your event.
- If we are advised of the issue prior to the event but are unable to provide a remedy, then we will consider replacement or offer compensation proportional to the issue.
- We can only offer full compensation if it is warranted and the cake or product can be retained by us and has not been touched, cut or modified in any way.
- During or after serving/consumption - Due to the type of product we sell, we understand that it’s not always possible to inform us until after the fact. Please be aware that –
- We are unable to provide compensation on a cake or product that has been fully consumed. Partial compensation will be considered in regards to design, flavour or cake quality issues and again will be proportional to the issue. Please note, we require either photos or the return of any uneaten portions of the cake or product
- We love creating our sweet treats for you & your special people & take great care with that process.
If you receive your order in a less than perfect condition - please contact us right away with photos - so we can address this with our couriers.
All replacements, credits, refunds and compensations are subject to the owner’s discretion.
BY BOOKING, AND PAYING A DEPOSIT/ANY AMOUNT VIA THE ONLINE STORE OR OTHERWISE, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY AGREEING TO THE ABOVE TERMS & CONDITIONS
How much is my bespoke cake going to cost?
This depends on the size and level of detail or labour hours required to achieve the desired design. We have a minimum spend of $350.
Do you make allergy friendly cakes?
We can’t cater for any nut allergies or gluten intolerances as we work in a very busy and very small kitchen, so while we take the utmost care with each and every cake we make, there is always a chance of cross contamination with allergens.
How big are the cake servings?
Our serving sizes are 1.5 x 2 inches in size and each piece includes two strips of cake and one strip of filling.
Do you use fondant?
Yes and no. While we don’t get too many fondant cake enquiries, we can and still do use fondant where the design calls for it. However, please bare in mind that the fondant application can make for a labour intensive process, which drives up the price and while we don't mind the taste of fondant, we have found that the majority of fondant coated cake slices have their fondant removed and end up as waste. Ultimately we have found ways to create textures and finishes without the need for fondant allowing us to do more within a specified budget and keep to our ethos of minimizing our footprint on the environment.
Do you make fondant cake toppers or figurines?
No but have a chat with us and we can recommend some suppliers.